Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 Freelance Writing Resolutions: How Many Have You Broken Already?

I make resolutions every year – personal and professional ones. I tend to break at least some of the personal ones pretty quickly. But, I do my darnedest to keep professional ones because they ae the ones my financial future goals depend on. Do I always reach them – no? But, I do make considerable progress – simply because I made them.

So I ask you this, how many of your 2009 freelance writing resolutions have you broken already? Did you promise yourself that you were going to go fulltime this year, but haven’t taken even the most basic steps yet, eg:

Have you written samples, researched what you’re going to charge, started building a website (or researching web designers you may want to use), ordered that ebook on how to start, started building your service list, etc.

The only way you’re ever going to achieve your freelance writing dream is to take concrete action toward it. It’s not too late – just because you got a slower start than you wanted does not mean that you should give up altogether. It just means that now that you recognize you’re procrastinating – stop it and get started.

Want to know what a typical day in the life of a busy SEO copywriter and new media marketing consultant is like? Follow me on Twitter.

Yuwanda
Contact: info *at* InkwellEditorial.com
P.S.: Where are all the freelance writing jobs? Find out in the 2008-2009 Freelance Writing Jobs Report

Hot Stuff Around Here!
$100 for SEO Articles: How to Become a Highly Paid SEO Copywriter

How to Start a Freelance Writing Career in Less than 24 Hours for $0
***********************************************
Success Freelance Writers Tell Their Stories: There are freelancers who make a very good living working from home. The Inkwell Editorial newsletter routinely features these successful professionals. Subscribe to read all issues.
***********************************************
Copyright © 2009 InkwellEditorial.com. Except where noted, no part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express, written consent of the publisher. Violators will be prosecuted.

1 comment:

Sparklyscotty said...

I made two big resolutions this year, and I amn't doing too badly so far. The first was to give back - to be more socially conscious in my writing. The second was to be more profitable and productive and so far this is hit and miss. My scheduling and organization is MUCH better, and I spent a couple of weeks putting plans in place to see me through the year, but that has left hours to time to fill writing and suddenly I realise just how much time I did waste in 2008! I need to get into writing shape again!